Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What a Thanksgiving!!






We all have so much to be thankful for with our little heart angels.  But we as a family really had a tough but blessed year.  
*Last year in December we found out my mom had Gastric Cancer and she had 85% of her stomach removed on December 14, 2007.  After 6 weeks at home she began a regimented chemo/radiation cycle which lasted about 4 months.  Mind you Gastric CA is not one of the typical ones that responds to chemo/radiation.  (A blessing-she is now completely cancer free and healthy) 
 
*You all know about Ari and our Fontan which we went into the hospital for on June 19 and officially came out of the hospital on September 19.  Yep 3 months (93 days to be exact)  Without the love and support of our family, friends, the doctors and nurses and God we were released without any further complications and are now starting to live a "normal" life.

*The last item which I don't think  many of you know about is Miguel's deployment orders to Kosovo for 14 months.  I know--just shoot me now.  But once again, God carried us through and he, with the help of Dr. Mainwaring/Dr. Juris writing letters about Ari's condition and the stress on our family and the need to have him at home got him out of his deployment.  

Like I said before Miracles do happen.  We just have to open our eyes and see. 

Neverthless, I am so thankful for God, my healthy family, all of you, the wonderful friends I've made and the amazing Dr.'s and nurses that passed those long 93 days with us.  Christal & Maria-and all the rest of the crew WE LOVE YOU. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Did you guys also go to Disneyland? We were there the Tuesday after thanksgiving and it was awesome!

Andrea said...

Hi my friend! We haven't talked in a long time. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Here's to a happy and healthy 2009!