Monday, September 15, 2008

Hippity Hoppity

Hello all! I titled this entry hippity hoppity because that's what Ari was saying as she was skipping-yes skipping down the hallway without her IV pole today. She was freed from her pole this morning. Her Octreotide, her last IV med was turned was turned completely off at 6:00 a.m. and now when she is off of her tube feeds (4 hours a day), she is free to explore without her IV pole. She was so excited to leave the room without the pole, she was telling everyone in sight. Actually at first she (we) were a little shocked. She turned, looked at her pole, looked at herself, then looked at me and then took off. 89 days later we have no pole. There's also a buzz in the air that we might be going home this week. Hallelujah! Miracles do happen!! We love you all and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the support.

*I'd like to send a special thanks to Valerie for the circus tickets. My sister and I took Bianca yesterday and it was a lot of fun!! xoxo

5 comments:

Valerie said...

We love you my dear!!!

Don't forget our Heart Family BBQ is this weekend, if you even want to leave your house again?!

Anonymous said...

I might have to take the day off if Ari is going home!!! I'm so proud of you sister! I know it was tough at times, but you pulled through and now our little/big butterball will be going home soon! Can wait to see the bunkbeds!

Love u all!

Gina and the Gang said...

I am so happy for you! Keep hippity hoppin' until you get home!

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I are soooo excited for you! We can't wait til your home. Everyone is thinking of you often! Hurry back home! See you soon!
Debbie Helms
P.S. This internet stuff is way new to me too!!!

Leigh said...

To Miguel, your lovely wife Bahar, and your beautiful daughters...

I can't even believe how I stumbled on this site. I immediately recognized the last name and thought, could this be? Sure enough, I've come across the blog of my old friend Miguel from CAL. It's Lee. I now use my correct spelling (Leigh) but I'm still the same woman.

My goodness what you and your family have been through. But the little one seems to being do well now. I can only pray that is indeed the case.

I have been married for 13+ years and we live in the suburbs of Chicago. My children are exactly the same age as yours! Ethan is six and McKenna is 3. I am a stay-at-home Mom and my husband has a financial technology consulting company that he runs out of our house. He is in NYC one week out of every month. It's hectic but I don't complain--especially with the economy being in tatters.

As I type, I'm asking for our Blessed Mother to continue to pray for your daughter's full recovery.

Be well and God bless.I hope you have had much happiness these last several years.

Feel free to visit either one of my blogs!